EIC Accelerator

The EIC Accelerator supports companies (principally SMEs, including start-ups) to scale-up high impact innovations with the potential to create new markets or disrupt existing ones.

A man working with virtual reality glasses is standing in front of his desk. Above the desk, a schematically depicted engine turbine is floating.

 Getty Images / Gorodenkoff

The EIC Accelerator supports the later stages of technological development as well as the scale-up. The technological component of your innovation must therefore have been tested and validated in a laboratory or in another relevant environment (in other words have reached at least Technology Readiness Level 5/6 and have fully completed Technology Readiness Level 4). The EIC Accelerator supports companies where the EIC support will act as a catalyst to entice other investors necessary for the innovation’s scale-up.

Support generally comes in the form of blended finance consisting of a grant component of up to 2.5 million euro and an investment component of up to 15 million euro.

Eligible costs for the grant component are reimbursed up to a maximum of 70 percent. The remaining 30 percent and the costs incurred for the commercial introduction of the product or service and full scale-up operations (e.g. Technology Readiness Level 9 or above) can be financed by the investment component.

Further information