ERC Interview Trainings
Who can participate?
The interview trainings of the ERC NCP address applicants for ERC Consolidator Grants who have been invited to an interview in Brussels.
They are aimed at applicants with German Host Institutions and will be held in English.
Please note that an official invitation to the interview in Brussels by ERC EA is required for registration.
Purpose of the training
The trainings will give you the opportunity to practise and simulate your interview and to receive individual feedback from a professional rhetoric coach. It will therefore be mandatory to prepare your presentation according to your panel instructions and to hold it during the training!
Furthermore, a successful grantee from the previous year will share his or her experience, and the ERC NCP will provide additional information.
Please select your preferred training for the appropriate domain and register (dates and registration link below).
Please keep in mind that places for the trainings are limited and will sometimes book up immediately. Therefore make sure to register in time!
All trainings are free of charge, follow the same format and focus on a particular domain.
Due to our experiences from previous trainings the application process is the following:
You may participate in one training only. If you are registered for two or more trainings, only the first valid application will be accepted. Further applications will be cancelled automatically and will be invalid.
Be careful of your choice as no changes (regarding date or location) will be possible.
The number of participants is limited (maximum 9 candidates per training). We will notify candidates in order of registration. For administrative reasons, the information process may take up to 3 days. We will start with informing the candidates who registered first and who will receive a place in the training. In a next step, we will inform those who will not get a training option.
If you were not successful with your registration, you will be put on a waiting list and be notified automatically at a later stage should a place become available (notification in order of waiting list).
Should trainings be fully booked already, you can register for the webinar. The Information provided in the webinar will be the same as in the trainings. Please do not register for the webinar if you have a training place.
Registration opens on the 6th of August, at 10am
Training dates: Consolidator Grants 2019:
Social Sciences & Humanities (SH):
- Berlin, 13 September 2019, 09:00 - 18:00 h booked out
Physical Sciences & Engineering (PE):
- Bonn, 21 August 2019, 09:00 - 17:30 h. booked out
- Bonn, 28 August 2019, 10:00 - 17:30 h. booked out
- Berlin, 2 September 2019, 09:00 - 18:00 h. booked out
Life Sciences (LS):
- Bonn, 23 August 2019, 09:00 - 17:30 h. booked out
- Berlin, 4 September 2019, 10:00 – 18:00 h. booked out
Interview Training with focus on personality development
As a new initiative, the NCP ERC is offering a special interview training in Bonn on Tuesday, 27 August 2019, which focuses on self-presentation and includes modules on personality, introversion, status communication as well as awareness raising on potential diversity and gender bias.
It is specifically designed for candidates who want to increase their impact with self-confidence and personality.
After your registration, you will receive an email with further information. In order to create a successful training, we kindly ask you for your motivation and personal experience in advance.
All information/ data will be handled strictly confidentially.
- Bonn, 27 August 2019, 10:00 - 17:30 h. There are still places available, please contact: email@example.com)
- Bonn, 29 August 2019, 10:00 – 17:30 h. (There are still places available, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Berlin, 6 September 2019, 10:00 – 18:00 h. booked out
- 14 August 2019: 11:00 – 12:15 h. booked out
- Berlin: Nicole Schröder (030 67055-788), Mareike Thillmann (0228 3821-1667)
- Bonn: Dunja Hofmann (0228 95997-26), Dominik Maas (0228 95997-13)
Contact for organisational matters: Janina.Blanck@dlr.de, phone: 030 67055-9664
All trainings are organized by the ERC NCP in Germany. Trainings in Berlin will be organized by DLR PT, trainings in Bonn will be organized by KoWi. All trainings are free of charge and are identical in content.
The trainings will take place at the following locations:
- Berlin: DLR Projektträger, Grenanderhaus, Rosa-Luxemburg-Straße 2, 10178 Berlin
- Bonn: Kooperationsstelle EU der Wissenschaftsorganisationen (KoWi), Genscherallee 2, 53113 Bonn