Central questions workshop 3: Horizon 2020 and the Way Ahead
- What is the European added value of the Framework Programmes and what are suitable instruments to generate European added value in future? What role does collaborative research play in creating a European Research Area?
- What can and must the next Framework Programme deliver? What will it not be able to deliver? How can Horizon 2020 and the 9th Framework Programme also remain attractive to German researchers?
- What role should innovation funding play in the 9th Framework Programme?
This workshop was held in German. A German workshop description is available here.
Moderator and Rapporteur:
- Prof. Dr. Dr. h.c. Barbara Haering, Head of Administration of the econcept AG, Associate Professor at the University of Lausanne
- Thomas Görgen, Director „Innovation Networks“ at Covestro Deutschland AG
- Anette Hübinger, Member of the German Bundestag
- Dr. Ludwig Kronthaler, Secretary General of the Max Planck Society
- Prof. Dr. Stefan Kuhlmann, Chair of the Department of Science, Technology, and Policy Studies, Member of the High Level Expert Group “Ex‐Post‐Evaluation of the 7th EU Framework Programme”
- Prof. Dr. med. Sigurd Lenzen, Professor for Clinical Biochemistry, Director of the Institute for Clinical Biochemistry at Hannover Medical School
More information on the panel (in German) can be found here.