Central questions in Workshop 2:
"Open Innovation and Internationalisation of SMEs"
- What role do research and innovation play in the internationalisation of SMEs and how can the latter be supported in their efforts?
- What role does Open Innovation play in the innovation processes of SMEs and to what extent does it interact with internationalisation?
- What are SMEs' expectations regarding European innovation policy, e.g. regarding the idea of a European Innovation Council (EIC)?
This workshop was held in German. A German workshop description is available here.
Moderator and rapporteur:
- Fabian Schmidt, Deutsche Welle
- Prof. Dr. Uwe Cantner, Vice President for Young Researchers and Diversity Management at the Friedrich Schiller University Jena, Full Professor of Economics/Microeconomics, Member of the Commission of Experts for Research and Innovation
- Prof. Dr. Jakob Edler, Professor „Innovation Policy and Strategy” at the University of Manchester
- Dr. Michaela Endres, CEO of the TransTissue Technologies GmbH
- PD Dr. Dirk Fornahl, Head of „Centre for Regional and Innovation Economics“ in the faculty of Economics at the University of Bremen , Head of the Accompanying Research “internationalisation of leading-edge cluster“ of the BMBF
- Bernhard Lehofer, ITG-Innovationsservice for Salzburg
- Jörg Trinkwalter, Member of the Executive Board at Medical Valley Center GmbH
More information on the panel (in German) can be found here